Newcastle Properties Group
Reputation, experience, and results are what you can expect from Newcastle Properties Group. The principals of the company had long careers at CBRE, Inc. before deciding they could deliver their same extraordinary client service from a smaller venue.
Commercial real estate brokerage, particularly on the sales side, has changed drastically over the last generation. National firms previously controlled market information that buyers, sellers and occupiers needed in order to make informed decisions, but today market information abounds. Everyone has access to the same information, and marketing platforms. It is how that information is used, and how properties are presented to the market that sets good brokers apart. Clients expect their broker to research and interpret vast amounts of information, and then articulate a coherent approach for both acquisitions and dispositions. Additionally, clients also do their own research, and expect their broker to be a real estate veteran with access to decision makers and experts to address their questions, and to help them underwrite their decisions. Newcastle Properties Group delivers this level of professionalism.
In other ways commercial real estate, and business in general, has not changed. The partners at Newcastle Properties Group established themselves through their work ethic and client focus. There is no substitute for long hours, creativity, hustle, and above all always looking out for your client’s best interests. Brokerage will always be about creating opportunities for those you represent, coming up with ideas, and working as a team to produce the best results. It is no accident that those who do the basics well produce consistent results. Newcastle Properties Group delivers this level of service.
Peter Nixon has 35 years of commercial real estate experience in land and investment sales. Peter joined CBRE, Inc. in 1987 and quickly rose through the ranks to become Senior Vice President. A consistent top producer at CBRE, Peter earned a reputation for “thinking outside of the box” on creative solutions to address client needs, and for his tremendous work ethic. Peter built a two-decades partnership with Kris Riley into one of the most successful Northern California land teams, and was later joined by Dave Karnes to enhance the team’s marketing capabilities. In 2020 Peter, Kris, and Dave formed Newcastle Properties Group to continue their legacy of excellent client service.
- Negotiated agricultural, pre-development, residential, commercial, industrial, multifamily and conservation land sales ranging from small urban in-fill properties to large ranches. Representing both buyers and sellers Peter has completed approximately 300 transactions, totaling some 30,000 acres, and over 500 million dollars in value.
- Represented buyers and sellers of investment properties ranging from owner user sales, to net leased investments, to zero cash flow sales, across virtually all product types.
- Peter’s long tenure as an active broker has not only introduced him to those who make deals, but also gave him the experience to successfully, and often creatively, structure individual transactions. Additionally, Peter and his team have meticulously maintained a database of ± 25,000 contacts over many years, enabling them to effectively target and mass market their listings.
- Research based approach to the business is one that both maximizes owner value and creates Buyer opportunities. By identifying potential users, prospects, and possibilities for a property, and by focusing effort on those best able to convert on those possibilities, Peter successfully creates the basis for a transaction. On the acquisition side, he employs the same disciplined approach to evaluating and comparing multiple properties, which enables Buyers to make informed decisions. Peter’s clients always know that maximum effort has been taken to best serve their needs.
- Employs an “old school” approach of in person meetings and telephone calls as the most efficient and effective manner to interact with clients, and to get things done. At the same time Peter and his team are proficient in electronic communications, produce leading-edge marketing materials, and utilize the best marketing platforms.
- Peter always makes sure Newcastle Properties Group provides clients with an unparalleled level of service and expertise. Very much the team player, Peter’s first order of business is to build a client team that includes the best in their area of expertise. This often includes consultants, engineers, attorneys and other brokers he has worked with before.
- Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- California Farm Bureau Federation
- Guest Lecturer Real Estate & Law Course, UC Berkeley
- ACRE three-time Land Broker of the Year
- CBRE Top Regional Land Producer – 10 plus years
- University of California, BerkeleyBachelor of Arts, Political Economy of Industrial Societies
Kris Riley began his commercial real estate career with CBRE, Inc. in 1999 as a mapping and GIS specialist for CBRE’s Northern California and Northern Nevada offices. In 2000, Kris teamed up with Peter Nixon to become one of the most highly successful land brokerage teams in Northern California. The two have participated in approximately $500 million in land sales transactions from small retail pads to large ranches. Kris also helped lead the team’s successful efforts to branch out into investment sales.
Kris’s responsibilities include managing a massive database comprised of decades of compiled research, property and deal information. Kris handles listing and contract preparation, disclosure documentation, property research, mapping, client relations, and transaction management. Familiar with all aspects of commercial brokerage, Kris enables Newcastle Properties Group to thoroughly serve its clients’ needs and cover a lot of ground.
- Team member – ACRE Land Broker of the Year- three-time winners
- Team member – Top Regional Land Producer –ten plus years
- University of Arizona
Bachelor of Science, Geography/ Regional Development
David Karnes joined CBRE, Inc. in 2017 as a marketing specialist. Prior to joining CBRE, Inc. David spent nearly a decade in big box retail management, and customer relations in the insurance industry. In addition to his business acumen, David has an eclectic mix of technical and artistic talents with over twelve years of experience in marketing and creative fields. David’s skills are unique to commercial real estate, and ideal for where the industry is headed. An expert problem solver, David is a jack of all trades and the go-to guy in the office.
Peter Nixon and Kris Riley recognized David’s unique skills were a perfect fit for marketing commercial real estate, and David joined their team at CBRE, Inc. in 2018, and became a founding partner in Newcastle Properties Group in 2020.
David delivers what Newcastle Properties Group promises its clients, absolute first-rate marketing materials, mapping and all the visual content and technical tools necessary to effectively sell commercial real estate going forward in an evolving industry.
Additionally, Dave’s retail experience, coupled with his natural enthusiasm, give him the ability to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner. Dave was licensed for real estate sales in 2018 and has participated in multiple transactions in a relatively short period of time. As always, Dave is a quick study.
- CSUS Art Piece of the Year 2010
- California State University of Sacramento
Bachelorof Arts, Studio Art, with an emphasis in Digital Art
Kathy Nixon comes to Newcastle Properties Group after a career as a licensed physical therapist, mainly with Kaiser Permanente, and a second career raising three boys.
Kathy handles the administrative management, word processing, bookkeeping, database entry and other essential assignments at Newcastle Properties Group.
- University of California, Berkeley Bachelor of Science, Physical Education
- Northwestern University Masters of Physical Therapy
- Canine Companion for Independence volunteer breeder caretaker, and puppy raiser.
Click on Us